About Your Very Own Geek
Your Very Own Geek is an information technology solutions provider that specializes in providing Managed Services, Networking, Security, Web Design and Computer Repair for business, government and residential clients. We are headquartered in Chesterfield, Indiana and provide regional coverage for Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan and Ohio.
Steven Culp - President
Mr. Culp has 20 years experience working within the information technology industry ranging from Fortune 50 companies to government and education to small businesses. Steven has worked as a network engineer for BMW Financial Services, Otterbein College and other enterprise organizations; a network and security consultant for numerous large and small companies including Vera Bradley, FBi Buildings, City of Indianapolis, Wishard Hospital, Veteran's Administration, Urogynecology Associates, Center Township Trustee's Office & Emergency Services, National Church Residences; a Web designer for Connor Corporation, State of Indiana Department of Natural Resources, Strategic Title Services and others. Steven currently holds the numerous industry certifications:
- MCSE+I (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer plus Internet specialty)
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional)
- CCA (Citrix Certified Administrator)
- SPS (Symantec Product Specialist)
- DCSE (Dell Certified Systems Expert - Servers, Portables, Workstations & Desktops)
- MCPDS (McAfee Perimeter Defense Specialist)
- MCIDS (McAfee Intranet Defense Specialist)
- 3Com Wireless Expert (3Com)
- 3Com Certified Solutions Expert
- WCSSE (WatchGuard Certified Server Security Expert)
- WCSPV (WatchGuard Certified System Professional - Firebox Vclass)
- WCSP (WatchGuard Certified System Professional)
- Sophos Certified
- CACSS (Computer Associates Certified Sales Specialist)
- Toshiba Certified Technician
- HP Certifiied PC & TV Technician
- Samsung Certified Technician
He has extensive experience in networking with a strong concentration on the Microsoft Windows platforms and BackOffice solutions including Exchange, Internet Information Server, SQL, Systems Management Server (SMS), SNA, Site Server, Internet Security and Acceleration Server, Proxy Server and more.
Aaron Krautter - Network Technician
Mr. Krautter earned an Associate's degree in Network Systems and Security at Hocking Technical College in Nelsonville Ohio. During his time at Hocking College he also earned occupational certificates in HTTP Webpage Design, Cisco Systems, and Microsoft Office. He has several years experience in Computer Hardware and Software as a freelance Computer repair Technician and has now uses that experience at Your Very Own Geek. He has extensive experience in networking with a strong concentration on the Microsoft Windows platforms.
He has extensive experience in networking with a strong concentration on the Microsoft Windows platforms.
Heather Mathews - Office Manager
Ms. Mathews has worked as a CNA/Secretary for the last 6 years and took this past year off to spend time at home with her 3 children. She spent a year studying Accounting at Ivy Tech before getting her CNA license in 2007. Although she enjoyed healthcare, she was ready for a change of pace. She has several years experience in Customer Service and Administrative Support. She also helps run her fiancés auto shop and her fathers Home Improvement business.
She has extensive experience in Microsoft Office and Quickbooks.