Services - 24/7 Advantage
Your Very Own Geek's 24/7 Advantage program combines 24-hour help desk support, robust managed services with remote monitoring, and onsite emergency support into a single IT support program customized to your unique business requirements. The result is an outsourced, reliable and affordable computing solution that reduces the headaches associated with managing the ongoing service and support of your IT environment at a fixed price.
- Hardware and software procurement - We sell over 225,000 products from more than 1,500 industry leading manufacturers. Call one of our professionals at 1-800-282-0133 for a competitive quote on your next hardware and software requirement.
- Configuration and Testing - Our central staging facility has the technical staff and tools to pre-configure and test hardware systems with subsystems, drivers, memory, operating systems, software and other options to your specifications.
- Desktop Imaging - YVOG can build, certify, load and test PCs with your company software images before shipping, accelerating the deployment process and saving you time and money.
- Shipping and Logistics - YVOG manages the process or getting your product to your company, regardless of location.
- Leasing - YVOG maintains relations with major leasing companies to help you finance your purchases to meet your financial objectives.
YVOG manages the process of recycling your old computers and peripherals by ensuring the destruction of all data and then using the latest environmental standards to ensure that all components are recycled efficiently.
We shield your company from liability.
From privacy issues to the EPA, when a computer leaves your company it can become a serious risk for your business. Here's how Your Very Own Geek insulates you and your company from these risks.
We take title to your equipment. That is, your equipment becomes our equipment and it's no longer your responsibility.
- Hard drives are sanitized or destroyed.
- Asset tags are removed that may identify the original equipment's owner.
- Worthless computer equipment is disposed of in accordance with all Federal and State environmental laws.
- You'll receive a "Certificate of Disposal" providing evidence of services performed.
- Services are HIPAA compliant.
We can save your company a bundle! Did you know that implementing an in-house computer disposal program can cost more than $400 per computer? PC Disposal can properly dispose of your computer hardware for a fraction of what it would cost to do it yourself.
Plus, in response to the latest pricing games played by other computer recycling companies, PC Disposal is now the first to offer Flat Rate Pricing. You'll feel confident knowing up front what your total cost for each project will be.
The real cost of in-house PC retirement - According to a recent report by Gartner Research, in-house disposal "presents unique challenges and potential costs that enterprises seldom consider." By some estimates, when a company tries to manage its own in-house retirement, the costs can exceed $400 per computer! Why so much? Consider these hidden costs:
Basic in-house disposal management costs
- Administrative tasks (inventory, forms, accounting, etc.)
- Backing up and sanitizing hard drives
- Storage costs until computers are removed
- Packing and shipping
- Disposal fee
- Opportunity costs (i.e., Could this time be used more profitably?)
Optional in-house employee sale and/or charitable donation costs
- Hosting sale (pricing, setting up sales area, asking questions, etc.)
- Finding charitable organizations that will accept your PCs
- Reloading operating systems
- Testing PCs
- Processing payments
- Technical support
- Preparing transfer documents
That's not all. If you're planning on offsetting those costs by reselling your equipment, you'd better do it soon. It's estimated that stored IT equipment loses 6% to 10% of its value each month.
In-Office Residential Computer Repair
On-Site Residential Computer Repair
Web Site, Instant Message & Email Monitoring
Your Very Own Geek is a proud partner of CyberSitter, the leader in residential Internet Monitoring services. YVOG strongly recommends the SnoopStick for all parents who are concerned about their children's time online. The Internet is a wonderful place, full of information and entertainment that can open doors in a child's imagination. However, there are always those who like to prey on innocent victims. To assist parents, ourselves included, we wholeheartedly recommend the SnoopStick to any parent.
SnoopStick monitors websites visited, Internet chat, instant messages, e-mail activity, and is the only product that lets you monitor a remote computer in real time and view previous activity. It even allows you to restrict access to websites, selected Internet programs and services, restrict access to selected days and times, and enable or disable Internet access entirely anytime you like. All of this can be done remotely and securely without physical access to the computer being monitored. Plus, a single SnoopStick can monitor any number of remote computers!
Business Web Site, Instant Message & Email Monitoring:
Your Very Own Geek understands the risks inherent with Web Browsing, Internet Chat, Instant Messages and email. These are all critical business tools that help us each to accomplish the numerous communications tasks we all face daily. However, they are also a source for disgruntled employees to steal corporate secrets, view inappropriate materials or too generally waste time. Are you looking for a solution to monitor the variety of Internet based communication methods and protocols that doesn't require a lot of your precious time. Your Very Own Geek can help!
Your Very Own Geek has partnered with SurfControl, the industry leader in business Internet monitoring to provide turn-key solutions to these management headaches.
SurfControl Web filtering solutions enable companies to cost-effectively monitor network use and abuse anywhere in the organization, no matter how or where users connect to the Internet, across the full spectrum of Web-based content: IM, P2P, streaming media, file downloads, and Web-based e-mail. Best-of-breed protection against Web-based threats including viruses, spyware, malicious URLs, and blended threats is combined with a high level of visibility and control to reduce risk, enable business compliance, and ensure business continuity.
SurfControl E-mail Filter messaging protection software provides comprehensive content filtering for continuous protection against inbound, outbound, and internal e-mail threats. Available in SMTP and Microsoft Exchange-specific configurations, the solution's industry-leading threat detection technology and expertise are complemented by simple-to-use monitoring and reporting to provide a high level of control and visibility.
If you're ready to get rid of these headaches and start sleeping a little better, then give us a call at 800-282-0133.